READING, PA (November 15, 2018) – BB&T today announced $545,000 in grants to 19 Berks County organizations or programs from the BB&T Economic Growth Fund of Berks County Community Foundation.
“BB&T has a long history of supporting our communities,” said BB&T Community Banking Group Executive Scott V. Fainor. “We are proud to provide community leadership at this level and play a role in the future health and prosperity of Berks County.”
In conjunction with the BB&T/National Penn merger, $2.5 million was entrusted to Berks County Community Foundation to establish a BB&T Economic Growth Fund. To date, the BB&T Economic Growth Fund has awarded a total of $2,392,000. During the 2018 phase of allocation, the following grants were given in Berks County:
Organization : Grant
- Albright College : $20,000
- Alvernia University : $40,000
- Berks Alliance : $25,000
- Berks County Community Foundation : $50,000
- Boy Scouts : $10,000
- Caron Treatment Centers : $10,000
- Greater Reading Chamber Alliance : $60,000
- Hope Rescue Mission : $10,000
- KU Small Business Development Center : $25,000
- Kutztown Community Partnership : $25,000
- New Journey Community Outreach : $5,000
- Olivet Boys & Girls Club : $10,000
- Our Town Foundation – Hamburg : $5,000
- Penn State Berks – Capital Campaign : $50,000
- Penn State Berks – The Flemming Creativity, Entrepreneurship, and Economic Development Center : $10,000
- Reading Area Community College : $75,000
- Reading Downtown Improvement District : $50,000
- West Reading Main Street Foundation : $50,000
- 18th Wonder Assoc. (Reading 18th Ward) : $15,000
Berks County Community Foundation is pleased that BB&T’s commitment to Berks County continues, said Kevin K. Murphy, president of Berks County Community Foundation.
“It’s been our pleasure to administer the BB&T Economic Growth Fund,” Murphy said. “This funding has a tremendous impact on organizations that work to improve the quality of life for residents of Berks County.”
For more information on the fund’s establishment, click here.
For a look at some projects supported by this fund, click here.
BB&T is one of the largest financial services holding companies in the U.S. with $222.9 billion in assets and market capitalization of approximately $37.4 billion, as of September 30, 2018. Building on a long tradition of excellence in community banking, BB&T offers a wide range of financial services including retail and commercial banking, investments, insurance, wealth management, asset management, mortgage, corporate banking, capital markets and specialized lending. Based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, the company operates more than 1,900 financial centers in 15 states and Washington, D.C., and is recognized consistently for outstanding client service by Greenwich Associates for small business and middle market banking. More information about BB&T and its full line of products and services is available at BBT.com.
About Berks County Community Foundation
Berks County Community Foundation is a nonprofit corporation that serves as a civic leader for our region by developing, managing and distributing charitable funds aimed at improving the quality of life in Berks County. More information is available at www.bccf.org.