Boyertown Area Programs Awarded Over $55,000 in Grants
Berks County Community Foundation recently approved $55,800 in grants to seven Boyertown area organizations through its Boyertown Area Charitable Program.
The program distributes grants from the Boyertown Area Community Fund, which supports charitable causes within the geographic area served by the Boyertown Area School District, and the Boyer Foundation Fund, which supports Boyertown area health, social, recreational and safety organizations.
Since 1997, the program has granted more than $750,000 to 60 Boyertown area organizations.
The following grants were awarded:
- The Boyertown Area YMCA received $20,000 to support the installation of a splash pad to replace the Boyertown Community Pool’s wading pool which has been closed for three years. It is designed for children who do not yet have the swimming skills for the large pool.
- Building A Better Boyertown received $20,000 to help fund the initial planning and design of the Crossroads project for the Boyertown business district.
- Diakon Volunteer Home Care received $1,250 for the Volunteer Home Care - Greater Berks Region which provides non-medical assistance, free of charge, to seniors living in the community. The grant will be used for program costs such as travel reimbursement for volunteers and staff costs for coordinating services.
- The Growing Center received $400 to repair growing benches for their Horticultural Therapy program, which uses occupational, physical and psychological therapy approaches to help improve the lives of people dealing with any ailment or disability.
- The Salvation Army received $8,600 to pay for the purchase of a hood for its stove to maintain the Daily Bread Feeding Program, which serves lunch to Boyertown Area residents in need.
- The United Way of the Boyertown Area received $500 for the 6th Annual Boyertown Area Unity Walk, which encourages the community to further develop a welcoming and accepting environment in which to live, learn and work.
- The Visiting Nurse Association of Pottstown and Vicinity received $5,050 to purchase pulse oximeters and baby scales to improve their services and patient care in their Home Health Care Equipment program.
To learn more about the Boyertown Area Charitable Program, please contact the Community Foundation at 610.685.2223.