READING, PA (August 5, 2016) — Through the making of loans, investments, and grants, the funds promote the development and use of renewable energy and clean energy technologies, energy conservation and efficiency, sustainable energy businesses, and projects that improve the environment in the companies’ service territories.
The Advisory Board consists of not fewer than seven nor more than nine positions. The term of a board member is two years and members may serve a total of six terms.
The funds are seeking nominations for the following positions:
- A representative from an energy supplier
- One at-large representative
- A representative from an industrial user group*
- A representative from a weatherization group*
- A representative from an independent power producer*
The energy supplier and at large representative seats will be open on January 1, 2017.
Three sitting committee members are up for re-election for the three positions marked with an *.
Interested parties are eligible for nomination and consideration by the Advisory Board. Candidates for nomination to the Advisory Board will be evaluated in terms of the following criteria:
- Experience and skills related to specifically slotted positions
- An understanding of and empathy for mission-related decision-making in keeping with prudent financial considerations
- Ability to work collaboratively and with people with divergent interests
- Able to meet by conference call or in-person at various Pennsylvania locations up to six times per year
This announcement is made in keeping with the best practices of the Pennsylvania Sustainable Energy Board (PASEB) and is being distributed on the websites of the Public Utility Commission, the Met/Ed Penelec Sustainable Energy Fund, the Berks County Community Foundation, the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies, as well as relevant newsletters and other sources. There is no financial compensation for Board service. This notice may be forwarded to interested parties.
Berks County Community Foundation
237 Court Street
Reading, PA 19601
Community Foundation for the Alleghenies
116 Market St., Suite 4
Johnstown, PA 15901